What is Dramatherapy?
Dramatherapy is a unique form of psychological therapy using active, creative and playful methods to facilitate exploration, insight, growth and healing.
Dramatherapy enables people to improve emotional and psychological health, social relationships and overall wellbeing.
Dramatherapy can enable Children, Young People and Adults to improve & develop:
- Emotional & Physical Recovery
- Coping Strategies and Emotional Resilience
- Communication and Expression of Emotions
- Making choices and problem-solving
- Autonomy & Independence
- Creativity, Play, Imagination and engagement with the world
- Insight, Understanding and Empathy
- Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Social skills and Relationship building
Karen can offer a variety of creative tools to work with during sessions, suitable for each group or individual. These may include:
Talking, playing and using the imagination
Movement and using the body
Music, sound and voice
Art: drawing, sculpting, puppets, masks
Story making and Story telling
Using text such as poetry, song lyrics, films, life scripts.
Creating and exploring characters & roles
Relaxation and Mindfulness
Karen will offer your Organisation a bespoke Therapeutic, Experiential and Creative Arts workshop/project.
Commissioned Workshops and Projects would be developed alongside the needs and aims of the Children, Young People, Adults or Families you serve.